Make IGI Your Wax Partner
- IGI is the World’s only dedicated Paraffin and Microcrystalline wax producer utilizing internally sourced materials
- 75 Years of Wax Expertise
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (Company Wide), ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System and FSSC 22000 Food Safety Management System (select sites)
- FSSC 22000 Certification Scheme Includes ISO 22000:2018 and ISO/TS 22002-1:2009
The International Group, Inc. (IGI) has been in the wax business for over 75 years. The organization, originally known as International Waxes Limited, was founded in Toronto, Ontario by William Reucassel in 1943 and incorporated in 1945.
William Reucassel was responsible for building Canada’s first solvent de-oiling petroleum wax manufacturing plant on a 3 acre piece of property that he purchased in Agincourt, Canada in 1945. It was at this site that an oily by-product of lube oil manufacture called slack wax was converted into what we now refer to as fully refined paraffin wax.
In 1949 the manufacturing plant came online with 100 sq. ft. of filtering capacity and hand slabbing capability at the rate of 2,000 lbs every 6 hours. Total output was 5 million lbs per year.
Today IGI owns and operates a fully integrated supply chain including unique US waxy feedstocks, refining, blending and terminal facilities. Its core competence is interacting and servicing customers with formulated solutions.
- Profitable Growth (margin per pound of wax sold)
- Partnerships with Customers/Suppliers
- Technical Expertise
- Innovative and Proactive
- Competitive and Cost Effective
- Setting aggressive service and product objectives, and continually renewing them through our customers’ voices
- Measuring and monitoring these objectives (including third-party audits) to ensure that they are met
- Maintaining formal, accurate, controlled processes to ensure that our quality commitment is delivered.